Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Steps...A Blogger's Story ( part 1 )

Hello everyone ^^ This is a story of a blogger in the WYDIANs Journal contest, I would like to share this story with you guys because I think it would encourage so many people to start blogging, this is actually my story with blogging, I hope you all find it useful an most important is that you enjoy reading it....



Well first of all I would like to make it clear that this is my first blog as I have never done any other blogs before this one, actually before the CMs announced that they will be having a blogging event for WYD I was seriously thinking about blogging but I wasn't really sure what to blog about, I had many things in mind but I felt that nobody would ever read my blog and that it would be sch a disappointment so I was kinda afraid to fail because I actually hate failing...I read the announcement and to be honest the first thing which drew my attention was the prizes @@!! I mean I was such a poor player and for me 3 laks were more than alright actually o.O'!! I made my blog and hesitated for two days before submitting it at the CMs "lair", I was afraid that it was going to be rejected by the CMs, when I received my 3 laks in the second day I was actually very happy and this happiness wasn't because of the laks as it was due to seeing my effort pays off so fast and from that minute I continued blogging considering this as experience I was gaining as blogging actually can teach you many things ( beside blogging of course lol ) anyway at that point of the competition they didn't have the outstanding and normal winners thing so we were all the same then suddenly,I woke up up one day to find out that there was something called outstanding blog entries of the day which was beside the normal entries and to my disppointment...I wasn't among those winners as I have simply received 3 laks like everyone who have just updated their blogs!!! When this happened I realized that my blog simply didn't have anything to make it noticeable among the many blogs which were updated daily and at that point I decided to make a change......



When this happened I was really disappointed...I mean I thought that my blog was really cool as I used to dedicate it completely to guides which were written in a kind of ehhh.... dry style if you know what I mean..official language, kinda serious attitude and guides guides and more guides so I started to think this way, if my blog was nothing but a bunch of guides...what would make stand up from the crowd?? I mean guides are guides..some are good and some are bad but at the end so are still guides which look very close to each other. My blog started to change when I started to put myself in the reader's place, I said to myself if you were the one reading this blog what would you like to read?? What would make you come back?? I started to answer those questions and write down answers, after reading the answers I began to determine what would suit my character and what I was capable of then I started to change things...that is when I began to blog differently, this means writing stuff which people enjoy reading and the most important thing is to keep 'em coming back...

No comments: